- 1 small yellow onion, cut into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 whole-wheat buns, split horizontally
- Chipotle-Marinated Pork Tenderloin, grilled (see recipe), thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup prepared barbecue sauce
- Preheat grill to high or heat a large indoor grill pan over high heat. Lightly brush onion with oil and grill (after the pork is done) until lightly browned and soft, turning once, 4 to 5 minutes. Let cool on a cutting board.
- Lightly toast buns cut side down on the grill or in the pan.
- Chop the onion; transfer to a large bowl. Shred pork using two forks; add to the bowl. Add barbecue sauce; stir to combine. Serve the pork filling on the toasted buns.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days. Serve cold or reheat before serving.
Per serving: 319 calories; 9 g fat ( 2 g sat , 4 g mono ); 63 mg cholesterol; 32 g carbohydrates; 27 g protein; 4 g fiber; 711 mg sodium; 614 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (86% daily value), Zinc (20% dv), Magnesium & Potassium (18% dv), Iron (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 starch, 3 very lean meat, 1/2 fat